Hi! I'm Victoria and welcome to DisinfoDocket. DisinfoDocket curates influence operations-related academic research, news, events and job opportunities.
Please share your experience of countermeasures to online harms with us: All survey respondents will receive a month’s free access to DisinfoDocket and three lucky respondents will win a year’s annual subscription with us.
* In the UK, communications regulator Ofcom rethinks transparency reporting for online regulation
* Climate disinformation is on the rise
* How incels present themselves in their own words
- Journalists emphasize need for ‘person-to-person’ approach in fact checking (Rappler, 31 January)
- Dark Covenant 2.0: Cybercrime, the Russian State, and the War in Ukraine (Recorded Future, 31 January)
LISTEN: No One Expects the Copyright Order (Moderated Content, 30 January)
1. Platforms & Technology
- New Apps Aim to Douse the Social Media Dumpster Fire (Scientific American, 30 January)
- Why free speech advocates should be rooting for Google (The Hill, 31 January)
- 4chan users embrace AI voice clone tool to generate celebrity hatespeech (The Verge, 31 Janaury)
- Instagram's co-founders are mounting a comeback (Platformer, 31 January)
- Social media companies in the US brace to battle onslaught of legal challenges (Guardian, 31 January)