Hi! I'm Victoria and welcome to DisinfoDocket. DisinfoDocket curates influence operations-related academic research, news, events and job opportunities.
Did you know that DisinfoDocket takes requests? If you have suggestions or relevant work that you'd like to see included, simply reply to this email and send us the details!
- Ways to avoid spreading lies on social media: Various aspects of social media platforms and how we use them contribute to the unintended spread of misinformation (Conspirator Norteño, 1 October)
1. Academia & Research
- The Harvard Professor and the Bloggers: When Francesca Gino, a rising academic star, was accused of falsifying data — about how to stop dishonesty — it didn’t just torch her career. It inflamed a crisis in behavioral science. (NYT, 30 September)
2. Platforms & Technology
- Landmark Texas, Florida social media cases added to Supreme Court term (Washington Post, 29 September)
- Oxford statement on importance of access to information and digital connectivity (UK Government, 29 September)
- AI disinformation is a threat to elections − learning to spot Russian, Chinese and Iranian meddling in other countries can help the US prepare for 2024 (The Conversation, 29 September)
- Musk ousts X team curbing election disinformation (Politico, 28 September)