Hi! I'm Victoria and welcome to DisinfoDocket. DisinfoDocket curates influence operations-related academic research, news, events and job opportunities.
Did you know that DisinfoDocket takes requests? If you have suggestions or relevant work that you'd like to see included, simply reply to this email and send us the details!
- Crowdfunding and platform manipulation: Posts on X linking to Gofundme and other crowdfunding platforms are frequently amplified by groups of inauthentic accounts (Conspirator Norteño, 4 November)
1. Platforms & Technology
- At a crucial time for global crises, X (formerly Twitter) dilutes its violent speech policy (Global Voices, 3 November)
- TikTok CEO to meet top EU chiefs next week amid disinformation worries (Reuters, 3 November)
- AI fake nudes are booming. It’s ruining real teens’ lives. (Washington Post, 5 November)
2. Israel & Palestine
- Anti-Palestinian Misinformation is Spreading Like Wildfire in India (InkStick, 3 November)
- Israel-Hamas war misinformation is everywhere. Here are the facts (AP, 3 November)
- In a Worldwide War of Words, Russia, China and Iran Back Hamas (NYT, 3 November)
- How an Indian disinformation campaign is targeting Palestinians (France24, 3 November)
- Israel-Gaza war: social media hosts war of fake news and AI images (Times, 4 November)
- Both sides in Israel-Gaza conflict are waging a disinformation war (Times, 5 November)