Hi! I'm Victoria and welcome to DisinfoDocket. Docket+ is a weekly roundup of the latest influence operations-related academic research, events and job opportunities.
Did you know that DisinfoDocket takes requests? If you have suggestions or relevant work that you'd like to see included, simply reply to this email and send us the details!
- The Ethics of Outsourcing Information Conflict: Outlining the Responsibilities of Government Funders to their Civil Society Partners (NATO StratComCoE, 28 August)
- ‘Defending democracy’ a losing strategy against authoritarian narratives (ASPI, 1 September)
1. Academia & Research
1.1 Platforms & Technology
- Three Approaches to Platform Studies: Cobweb, Billiard Balls, and Ant Societies (SAGE, 26 August)
- Multimodal Detection of Social Spambots in Twitter using Transformers (ArXiv, 28 August)
- Public Legitimation by “Going Personal”? The Ambiguous Role of International Organization Officials on Social Media (Cogitatio, 31 August)
1.2 World News
- What Makes Customers More Engaged on Social Media? An Investigation of Customers’ Responses to Brand-Generated Content on Twitter (T&F, 29 August)
- “We’re tolerant and they’re prejudiced”: Same-sex marriage supporters’ and opponents’ perceptions of supportive and oppositional claims (Plos One, 29 August)