Hi! I'm Victoria and welcome to DisinfoDocket. Docket+ is a weekly roundup of the latest influence operations-related academic research, events and job opportunities.
Did you know that DisinfoDocket takes requests? If you have suggestions or relevant work that you'd like to see included, simply reply to this email and send us the details!
Please share your experience of countermeasures to online harms with us: All survey respondents will receive a month’s free access to DisinfoDocket and three lucky respondents will win a year’s annual subscription with us.
* Disinformation Narratives Related to Sweden and Finland’s NATO Applications
* Navigating the Waves of Democracy in Thailand's 2023 Election
* Automating Terror: The Role and Impact of Telegram Bots in the Islamic State’s Online Ecosystem
And scroll to the end for upcoming events and latest jobs
- 1st EEASreport on Foreign Information Manipulation and Interference Threats (EEAS, February)
- Report on the 2022 EU Code of Practice on Disinformation (DisinfoCode, February)
1. Academia & Research
1.1 Platforms & Technology
- Avoiding the success trap: Toward policy for open-source software as infrastructure (Atlantic Council, 8 February)
- The Quagmire Model: How a small step can trap you in the quagmire of misinformation, hate speech and denialism (Research Square, 9 February)
- Online Misinformation Video Detection: A Survey (ArXiv, 7 February)
- Entity-Aware Dual Co-Attention Network for Fake News Detection (ArXiv, 7 February)
- Does AI-Assisted Fact-Checking Disproportionately Benefit Majority Groups Online? (ArXiv, 7 February)
- Data sovereignty and platform neutrality – A comparative study on tiktok’s data policy (SAGE, 6 February)
- More of the Same? Homogenization in News Recommendations When Users Search on Google, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter (T&F, 8 February)
- Common Nonsense about Password Security and the Expert-Layperson Knowledge Gap (SSRN, 1 February)
Governance, Regulation & Content Moderation
- Resolving content moderation dilemmas between free speech and harmful misinformation (PNAS, 7 February)
- Reviewing War: Unconventional User Reviews as a Side Channel to Circumvent Information Controls (ArXiv, 1 February)
- Emerging platform governance: antitrust reform and non-competitive harms in digital platform markets (T&F, 6 February)