Hi! I'm Victoria and welcome to DisinfoDocket. Docket+ is a weekly roundup of the latest influence operations-related academic research, events and job opportunities.
Did you know that DisinfoDocket takes requests? If you have suggestions or relevant work that you'd like to see included, simply reply to this email and send us the details!
- The new Twitter is changing rapidly — study it before it’s too late (Nature, 7 November)
- Hybrid CoE Strategic Analysis 34: Identity as a tool for disinformation: Exploiting social divisions in modern societies (Hybrid CoE, 9 November)
- Emergency Management and Information Integrity: A Framework for Crisis Response (CEIP, 9 November)
1. Academia & Research
1.1 Platforms & Technology
- How ChatGPT’s responses change as top news sites from five countries block it (Reuters Institute, 3 November)
- Tool for Online Discussions (TOD): A New Experimental Research Platform to Examine Live User Interactions on Social Media (OSF, 7 November)
1.2 World News
- In Canada’s battle with Big Tech, smaller publishers are caught in the crossfire (Reuters Institute, 7 November)
- Nexus at ArAIEval Shared Task: Fine-Tuning Arabic Language Models for Propaganda and Disinformation Detection (ArXiv, 6 November)
Russia & Ukraine
- Correcting misinformation about the Russia-Ukraine War reduces false beliefs but does not change views about the War (OSF, 9 November)
Israel & Palestine
- Information disorder in the Israel-Hamas war highlights shifts in the fight against online misinformation (ISD, 9 November)