Hi! I'm Victoria and welcome to DisinfoDocket. DisinfoDocket curates influence operations-related academic research, news, events and job opportunities.
Did you know that DisinfoDocket takes requests? If you have suggestions or relevant work that you'd like to see included, simply reply to this email and send us the details!
- Disinformers use similar arguments and techniques to steer hate against migrants from Ukraine or the Global South (EDMO, 9 November)
- Protecting Election 2024 from foreign malign influence: lessons learned help us anticipate the future (Microsoft, 8 November)
- I.O.C. Says It Was Target of Elaborate ‘Fake News’ Campaign (NYT, 9 November)
- Russia – New russian digital interference against France (French Government, 9 November)
1. Platforms & Technology
- Microsoft chief says Russia is spreading Middle East disinformation (France24, 11 November)
2. Asia & Australasia
- Fears in India grow over state-run ‘fact-checking’ units threatening freedom of speech and democracy (SCMP, 10 November)
- How the Indian Far-Right is Using the Israeli Conflict to Spread Islamophobic Disinformation (GNET, 10 November)
3. Israel & Palestine
- Palestine unplugged: how Israel disrupts Gaza’s internet (Access Now, 10 November)
- Israel-Hamas fake news thrives on poorly regulated online platforms (Guardian, 11 November)
- Anti-Defamation League maps Jewish peace rallies with antisemitic attacks (The Intercept, 11 November)