Hi! I'm Victoria and welcome to DisinfoDocket. Docket+ is a weekly roundup of the latest influence operations-related academic research, events and job opportunities.
Did you know that DisinfoDocket takes requests? If you have suggestions or relevant work that you'd like to see included, simply reply to this email and send us the details!
- The Role of Today’s VRE and Considerations for Cognitive Warfare (NATO, 18 November)
- Social Media: The canary in the coal mine (Georgetown Law, November)
- Influence Operations and Disinformation on Social Media (CIGI, 23 November)
1. Academia & Research
1.1 Platforms & Technology
- America Needs a Bold New Cyber Strategy (CEPA, 17 November)
- Special Competitive Studies Project: Platforms Interim Panel Report: The United States can leverage its underlying strengths in new ways to generate specific advantages in critical technology areas. (SCSP, November)
- A Plea: The Case for Digital Environmentalism: The paper argues that a new form of ‘digital environmentalism’ —marked by a re-evaluation of our relationship to technology, growth, and innovation—is the only way to fix insecurities, and to bring meaningful change to the digital world. (CSET, November)
- Digital Government Interoperability and Data Exchange Platforms: Insights from a Twenty Country Comparative Study (ACM, October)
- For shopping, phones are common and influencers have become a factor – especially for young adults (Pew, 21 November)
- Defining affordances in social media research: A literature review: The article provides the groundwork for future use of affordances theory in social media research. (SAGE, 23 November)
- Overview of the WANLP 2022 Shared Task on Propaganda Detection in Arabic (ArXiv, 18 November)
- Multimodal false information detection method based on Text-CNN and SE module (PlosOne, 23 November)
- Why is Elon Musk’s Twitter takeover increasing hate speech? (Brookings, 23 November)