Hi! I'm Victoria and welcome to DisinfoDocket. Docket+ is a weekly roundup of the latest influence operations-related academic research, events and job opportunities.
Did you know that DisinfoDocket takes requests? If you have suggestions or relevant work that you'd like to see included, simply reply to this email and send us the details!
* Russian narratives targeting Spanish speakers
* Evolution of EU policy to prevent radicalisation
* Analysis of the COVID-19 information environment
* And much more!
- The dark world of incels, what to know and how to help (ISD, 30 November)
- Hybrid CoE Research Report 7: Foreign information manipulation and interference defence standards: Test for rapid adoption of the common language and framework ‘DISARM’ (Hybrid CoE, 29 November)
- Ranking Digital Rights Announces Inaugural Telco Giants Scorecard (Ranking Digital Rights, 30 November)
- Russian War Report: Russian Telegram channel spreads digitally modified photo of Poland’s prime minister (Atlantic Council, 2 December)
1. Academia & Research
1.1 Platforms & Technology
- Points of Contact Between Activism, Populism, and Fandom on Social Media (Cogitatio, 29 November)
- Dropkick Murphys vs. Scott Walker: Unpacking Populist Ideological Discourse in Digital Space (Cogitatio, 29 November)
- The Politics of Labels: How Tech Platforms Regulate State Media (SSRN, 23 November)
- Technology Primer: Social Media Recommendation Algorithms (Harvard Kennedy School, Fall 2022)
Governance, Regulation & Content Moderation
- Southeast Asia’s Leaders Should Work Toward a Freer Internet: As regional heads meet, their governments should commit to protecting human rights online. (Freedom House, 21 November)
- The Online Safety Bill – Status Report (LSE, 1 December)
- Retweets Distort Exposure to Polarized Information (ArXiv, 29 November)
- Imperfections or Revealing Mistakes on Twitter? (Center for Media Engagement, 30 November)