Hi! I'm Victoria and welcome to DisinfoDocket. DisinfoDocket curates influence operations-related academic research, news, events and job opportunities.
Did you know that DisinfoDocket takes requests? If you have suggestions or relevant work that you'd like to see included, simply reply to this email and send us the details!
🎉We are celebrating 2 years of the Online Violence Response Hub! 🌐— Coalition Against Online Violence (@TheCAOV) July 27, 2023
Launched by @TheCAOV, this resource center supports journalists and newsrooms facing #OnlineAbuse. Explore 150+ resources on safety advice, policies, mental health, and legal support.
1. Platforms & Technology
- AI could hurt businesses. Here’s how to protect yours (Fast Company, 24 July)
- throwing a wet blanket on AI (wiczipedia, 29 July)
- To Foster Competition In Social Media, Invest In Open Source Trust And Safety Tools (TechDirt, 27 July)
- Move fast and beat Musk: The inside story of how Meta built Threads (Washington Post, 29 July)
- Meta's Threads needs a policy for election disinformation, voting groups say (NPR, 27 July)
- The Weird, Fragmented World of Social Media After Twitter (The Atlantic, 30 July)
- Elon Musk reinstates Kanye West’s Twitter account after ban (Guardian, 30 July)